Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can rent a Jet-Ski?
- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YRS OF AGE TO RENT A JET SKI FROM BULA COAST WATER SPORTS
- HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- WE REQUIRE A $500.00 SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR EACH JET SKI RENTED TO BE HELD ON A MAJOR CREDIT CARD
- A MAJOR CREDIT CARD MUST BE USED TO RENT A JET SKI AND THE PERSON WHOSE NAME IS ON THE CREDIT CARD IS THE PRIMARY RENTER AND NEEDS TO BE PRESENT AND SIGN THE WAIVERS
OHIO LAW REQUIRES THAT ANYONE BORN AFTER JANUARY 1, 1982, HAVE A BOATER'S LICENSE OBTAINED THROUGH A BOATER'S EDUCATION COURSE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, WE CAN ISSUE YOU ONE AT THE MARINA. THIS WILL REQUIRE YOU TAKE A 10 QUESTION EXAM AND PASSING. PLEASE CLICK ON THE TEMPORARY BOATERS LICENSE TAB FOR FURTHER INFORMATION. PLEASE ARRIVE 30MIN EARLY IF YOU NEED TO TAKE THE TEST
Q: Who can drive a Jet-Ski
- Only adults who meet the specifications above. Each additional passenger is extra. We must hold onto the license of each adult driver. No boating experience is required to drive the Jet-Ski's, since we’ll go over safety/operating instructions before sending you out. Safety is our number one concern!
- Can drive if 18 or older, if they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in the water, on the same or another jet ski (No Exceptions)
- We do allow switching drivers in the water, not at the beach or docks. The other driver has to meet all of the requirements above and must be present at the docks to sign waiver!
Q: How young can a child be to ride a Jet-Ski?
- Minimum age for a rider is 6, however, they need to be able to securely hold on to the driver. It's a up to the child's guardian to make that decision.
Q: Who can rent a paddle board or kayak?
- YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YRS OF AGE TO RENT
- WE ALLOW CHILDREN ON PADDLE BOARDS/KAYAKS THAT ARE 8 YEARS OF AGE AND UP, IF A PARENT IS WITH THEM ON THE WATER IN THE SAME OR ANOTHER KAYAK/SUP
- HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE OR A STATE ID
Q: Are group rates available?
- Group rates are done on a case by case basis at our discretion and generally involve at least 4 Jet-Skis. We would love to help you organize a corporate event. Please inquire by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Q: Do offer any discounts, military or other?
- We are sorry, we cannot offer discounts other than listed above. We are only open a few months a year and are a small family owned business.
Q: How does the security deposit work?
- WE WILL PLACE A HOLD ON YOUR CREDIT CARD THE DAY OF YOUR RESERVATION. THE HOLD IS 500.00 PER JET SKI. THIS HOLD WILL EXPIRE 2 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER YOUR RESERVATION AT MIDNIGHT, IF THERE ARE NO DAMAGES. IF THERE IS DAMAGE, THE FULL HOLD AMOUNT WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR CARD UNTIL WE CAN ASSESS THE DAMAGE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FULL AMOUNT OF DAMAGES TO OUR EQUIPMENT, OVER AND ABOVE THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AMOUNT, PER RENTAL AGREEMENT.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS MUST BE HELD ON A MAJOR CREDIT CARD, NO CASH AND NO DEBITS.
- IF YOU CALL TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION WE ARE ABLE TO PUT THE HOLD ON A DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD. IF YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION ONLINE, THE HOLD WILL BE PLACED ON THE CARD YOU BOOKED WITH.
Q: What if I don't have my driver's license with me?
- Everyone who’s planning on renting/driving a jet ski, must have a valid drivers license and must bring their driver’s license with them down to the picnic table to check in. If you do not have a driver’s license, we also accept state-issued ID'S for the rental of kayaks & paddle boards only. If your driver’s license is not American, then it must be qualified as an International license. Make sure all of the drivers have their licenses with them before coming down.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
- If you cancel 48 hrs or more ahead of your booking, we will issue a full refund. If you cancel less than 48 hrs ahead, there are no refunds. At our discretion, we may be able to issue you credit for future use or rebook you for another time.
- If we are not sending Jet-Ski's out for weather, marine or other safety-related reasons, we will issue a full refund.
- If you are more than 10 min late for your scheduled time, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY OUT FOR YOUR FULL RENTAL PERIOD DUE TO SCHEDULING. WE ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION WITH NO REFUNDS. There are no refunds for late comers or no shows.
Q: How will we be able to tell when our time is up?
- There are timers/watches located on all of our Jet-Ski's. Please bring a waterproof watch or a water proof pouch while renting the kayaks & paddle boards.
Q: Can we switch drivers?
- You can switch drivers out in the water, not near the shore. Both drivers have to meet our criteria and sign waivers.
- Large groups wanting to switch out riders and drivers: we cannot allow people to switch out on our docks.
- All riders & drivers need to be present to sign waivers, meet our criteria and get proper instructions and proper PFD's. No one is allowed on our equipment without being on the waivers and present. Depending on how busy our day is AND your group size, we may be able to accommodate switching out. We may also be able to set up a buoy over by the beach to switch out. Call for details.
Q: Is there anywhere to store our belongings while we are out on the water?
- We suggest leaving your personal items in your vehicle at the Marina. We cannot keep personal items on our docks. There are small storage compartments on the Jet-Skis and kayaks, but they are not waterproof. You may want to bring a waterproof pouch or bag for your belongings.
- We now sell water resistant, floatable pouches for phones. You can purchase them at the check in table.
Q: Where can we ride the Jet-Ski's, Kayaks & Paddle Boards?
- Our Jet Skis need to be within our line of sight at all times. You can ride our Jet-Skis and from the Marina, east to The Lodge and to the west up to the edge the Beach. You can paddle or kayak in Cowles Creek, (pro=Cole's) just east of the Marina and in Lake Erie (conditions depending) close to shore and within the parameters above.
Q: What should I wear?
- Swim trunks and rash guards are recommended. You can also wear workout clothing made of lycra type materials such as leggings or shorts. No cotton, jeans, belts or jewelry should be worn on our equipment.
We reserve the right to deny service to anyone for any reasons other than those listed on this site. We will do our best to provide rental items as listed. However, due to availability, a substitution may be provided of equal value. If you have a question that wasn’t answered here, feel free to email us at email@example.com